Friday, September 25, 2015

Families are the Greatest

Last night I was supposed to study for a test I was going to take today.  That didn't happen, and honestly, I'm not even a little upset about it.  I managed to get the day off from work yesterday (miracles people), so the plan was to work on homework all day and go to bed early.

Well, that plan came to a screeching halt when the first little pitter patter came running through the door accompanied by "Meggy! Meggy!"  Obviously I couldn't ignore a 2 year old who came in the door saying my name!  So I played with her and her sister for about an hour before another pitter patter came running through the door.  Jayden came and started playing with us and we all had dinner together.  

After dinner, I started playing with these touchable bubble things we have.  Guys, they are seriously so fun! It was pretty easy to blow them up for 2, sometimes 3 depending on attention level, little kids.  But then the little pitter patter came running in the door again.  All of the nieces and nephews over at once?!  Ya right I'm actually going to do homework.  I was definitely the favorite, until I popped one of the bubbles while I was blowing it up of course. 

Once all of the kids had gone home, I realized homework wasn't going to happen.  So what did I do?  Played the piano and watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy.  So, the test taking didn't happen today.  It will on Monday, accompanied with a $5 late test fee.  Should I care about that?  Probably.  Do I?  Not at all.  Because I love my family, and seeing them makes my day so much better.  They will always be there to support and love me, and I know that if I ever need anything from any of them they will gladly drop what they are doing to come help me.  Families are forever, and I definitely couldn't be any more grateful for that.


(First of all, Shawn's face is the cutest thing to ever exist.  Second, considering the fact we are missing 4 children we should probably get new family pictures Mom). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment